Friday, August 22, 2008

Kuching Food Fest!

I trust all Kuchingnites are ever so familiar with the Kuching Food Festival.To those whose like "What in the world is that??"Allow me to explain the festival ultimately........*Drumroll*.....IT'S ALL ABOUT FOOD!....Ta Dah!OK...So it's this annual thing that's held in conjunction for Malaysia's BIG MERDEKA DAY(51 this year!)*If I'm not wrong*:) It's when the young the old and all those in between go and gorge their faces in good food and just to have a good time!Typical Malaysian style eating(Plastic tables and plastic chairs under the Kuching night sky with the aromatic smell of satays and barbequed chicken....)*DROOLS* OKAY...So it was a thursday night me and my "JIe Meis" namely me,Steph,Ster and Leen went to the food fest,THANKFULLY,it wasnt that crowded...WARNING:IF YOU GO ON WEEKENDS PLS BE PREPARED FOR CROWDS.Bring along a helmet and a bat you know just in case or else bring itching powder or fleas.Get the joke?Ok so lame joke.Anyways back to the food fest,..Restaurants like Mango Tree,Richmond's and alot more others have stalls set up at the food fest even your conventional KFC and Sugar Bun tho why in the world would you go all the way there battle hell for a car park and fight a monstrous crowd just for a zinger burger???The food fest is always a fried food fanatic's dream and a nutritionist's nightmare so clearly you get the message theres lots of fried food there....Fried ice cream,fried ham and cheese on a stick,fried "sio bi",fried lok-lok...list goes on and on and on....Of course you get food that's healthy too...Like,,,,like...I'll let you all know when I can think of somthing lar.....Of course every year theres a 'Garden Show' if fertilisers and plants excite you *I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST GARDENS*you won't want to miss that....

Oh ya....Not to forget...Seats are incredibly hard to find...I'm sorry I mean HUNT...You clearly have 2 options...Option 1 camp outside of the food fest way earlier than it starts OR Option 2 Bring your own chairs or tables:) Eileen had to RUN and I mean RUN to get our table!Ok so after filing our bellies and totally bidding our health farewell we went to the expo section of the food fair and we got our GLOWING DEVIL HORNS!!!Some of you might think it's super ah lian but I think it's adorable....Well okla...It's not something you get to see everyday rite??RM5 each you can find it at a stall selling shoes and bags it's impossible to miss coz the tauke nio wears an extra large pair of horns...Hmmmm yes they come in two sizes baby horns and adult horns....Now this is starting to sound wrong....Ignoring our dignity...Leen Ster and me (Steph die also don't want buy)took the liberty and we wore our horns throughout the night and yes in public!We went around calling each other horny...Leen looked so nakal wearing her horns it was cute!(I hope she doesnt read this else her ego will burst)Ok for the rest of the night we got weird stares from guys,scared expressions from old ladies(Ghost Festival now kan?)and laughs from kids.There was this group of uncle ah bengs who saw us walking by and LOL with their beer bellies...Maybe they were mocking us maybe they weren't but most probably yes la so I just wanna say....We might look weird with the horns but they look weirder even without horns!Feel da burn!I am refraining form using porfanities of any sort here....oOoOoOh there was this little kid who came up to us with his mum and the kid's mum asked us where bought the horns coz his son so wanted it Hahaha the night ended with this uncle whose working with HSBC bank or was it Hong Leong or something came up to us and gave us a pamphlet saying if we could afford to buy the glowing horns we could definitely start an acc with their bank....????I bet he hands out the pamphlets to kids with balloons too...Haha I had so much fun with Ster Steph and Leen and guess what after that night I've finally decided on my halloween costume this year...My glowing horns and a pair of Prada shoes...Ring any bells??LOL hell yeah!The Devil Wears Prada!Anyways to all of you...Don't miss the Kuching Food Fest ya:)?

No comments: